|Course:||CSC 447 810|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- Entertaining and able to explain concepts well
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Scala and FP. Wish there were more courses like this. One of the more interesting courses out there.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- May be give more practice problems to prepare for the exams. Didn't know what to expect on the exams.
- Make the homeworks and quizzes as hard as the midterm and finals. Those felt like they turned up the difficulty greatly from the homework and quiz assignments.
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- Great professor and great material (especially scala and fp)
- It would be great if SE 450 was listed as a prerequisite. I struggled a bit to understand the concepts that were discussed after midterm (Java, OOP, inheritance, nested classes, objects, etc...) It is quite challenging for those who have an unrelated BSc and have only taken Data structures 1&2 as a prerequisite before getting into CSC 447. Thank you.