|Course:||CSC 447 701T|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- Strengths: Detailed explanation, a clear response for every question, manage time well, and won't delay too much for the class. Weakness: The main course is video. People who can't schedule time well will get some trouble in it.
- Prof Riely is extremely knowledgeable and excited about programming languages and their concepts.
- Kept the class engaging always.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Learning more concepts about programming language. Not a certain language, but the top-level concepts can use in many places. Besides, this course makes me learn more different languages.
- Working in scala was great and I learned a lot from that.
- Worksheets were the most beneficial.
- Scala programming language was completely new to me. I found it to be pretty interesting and challenging to learn a new programming language.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- No, I really love all schedules and plans. Homework has some challenges but is worth it. Maybe can add some bonus homework for those who want to challenge themselves.
- Sometimes the videos and slides used past versions of the scala language and that was a little confusing
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- The exams are vastly more difficult than hw and quizzes, I wish we had more to prepare for how tough the exams are
- great learning environment